I was so excited to review the hanging diaper pail from SnuggyBaby. This beautiful diaper pail design is called Espresso Blossom and I LOVE IT. I really wanted a wet bag that could hold a lot of diapers and had a zipper for travel and when we stay at other people’s houses. We normally use just a drawstring wet bag that fits into a garbage can but it is not super portable.
So when I got this in the mail to review I couldn’t wait to try it out. I hung it on two hooks in my laundry room that just happened to be the right width apart and started putting dirty diapers into it.
It is made very well and is just so pretty that I don’t mind it being out in the open (even though it contains dirty diapers). It is waterproof and the smell stays in. Our laundry room is right next to our kitchen and the only time you even had a hint of smelly diaper was when you had to un-zip it to put another diaper in. But as soon as you zipped it back up there were no issues.
It was very easy at the end of my 4-5 days of putting diapers into it to just unzip and dump it into the washing machine. I turned the bag inside out to make sure the inside got a good washing. I hung it to dry with my covers. I did find it took a bit longer than my other wet bags to dry because of the cotton like material on the outside, but I also hang dry in my living room. This was the only downside I found to the bag, and it is not really an issue since I have other wet bags to use while it is drying. It would not take long to dry outside in the sun, and it took like a day to dry inside.
Stefan didn’t like that he had to unzip the bag to put the diapers in, since he normally only has to lift the lid off of the garbage can. But I tested it in our garbage can and it fits fine. So when we use it at home we will just put it in like a garbage bag and when we travel we can use it with the zipper. I am really looking forward to using it at our campgrounds this summer.
– Is really big and can fit a lot of diapers (5 days worth at least)
– Has a zipper and keeps in odours
– Comes in really pretty designs
– Can either be hung or put in a garbage can
– Washes up nice
– Did I mention it is pretty?? Because that is important.
– Takes a little longer to dry when you are inside drying it
– The price is a bit steep for my poor blood ($45) but the product is made well, and is pretty and has a zipper…this con is turning into a pro…
– well I guess it is just those two things, and the second one was not a very good con.
This review was for SnuggyBaby’s hanging wet pail but they have awesome ring slings, wraps, doll slings, and wet bags. You can read my review on her other items here.
So now onto the part you are all interested in and the reason you actually read my blog for once… THE GIVEAWAY.
SnuggyBaby is offering a $45 gift card to their shop (www.snuggybaby.com only, NOT their ETSY store). This is open world wide since it is a gift card. So you can use this gift card to buy anything in her store…which is so many awesome and wonderful things. My 10% off code AsTimeFlies is also still in use. So feel free to use it to make a purchase even if you don’t win.
How to Enter
Do the following and leave a comment for each one, please leave a contact email address
Mandatory (You MUST do ALL 3 to be entered)
1) Go to www.snuggybaby.com Post your favourite item in the comments. (1 entry)
2) Like SnuggyBaby on Facebook (1 entry)
3) Follow SnuggyBaby on Twitter and tweet about it “Win a $45 gift card to @SnuggyBaby via @deborahruth http://wp.me/pniN5-9m #clothdiapers #babywearing” (if you do not have twitter please share the giveaway on your facebook and leave the link) (1 entry)
Each of the above give you a total of 3 entries (so that is 3 comments)
1. Follow my blog via Email or RSS (top right of my blog) (1 entry)
2. Make a purchase at www.SnuggyBaby.com and get 10 (TEN) bonus entries. Please make a comment with what you bought so I can verify it with the company. Also you can use the 10% off code of AsTimeFlies (10 entries)
3. Sign up for the newsletter at www.SnuggyBaby.com (bottom left of the home page) (1 entry)
This contest closes at 5pm Atlantic Time On June 20th. The winner has 24 hours to respond to my “You Win” email. The winner will be chosen via Random.org
The above review is all my own opinion.
GIVEAWAY CLOSED: Random.org picked #4. The Winner is Emily. Emily you have 24hours to respond to my email I am going to send you.